Tomato Salad with Cheese and Basil

Spanish Tapas, spanish food, spanish recipes, homemade spanish food, easy recipes, healthy recipes
I moved from Spain some months ago to come to Scotland and during my stay here, I met some people that asked for Spanish cuisine. I do really love cooking for myself and my family, so I decided to write a blog for my friends and colleagues, showing them what we normally eat in Spain and how to cook our dishes. It's also a great opportunity for me to experiment with Scottish flavours as well as my traditional Spanish ones.
Hope you will like it.
Today, my brother and his Italian wife are visiting, and together we made a tomato salad with cheese. Actually, the hands in the picture are his hands! The recipe is very easy and tasty. Try it for yourself.


Ingredients:

Serves 2 

2 Tomatoes
100 g. Mature Cheddar Cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Basil
Salt
Wine Vinegar

Difficulty and cooking time:
Easy
15 minutes

Preparation:

Wash the tomatoes in cold water and dry it well.

Spanish Tapas, spanish food, spanish recipes, homemade spanish food, easy recipes, healthy recipes

Use a knife to remove the core/upper part of the tomatoes and then halve them.



We normally dice it, just like in the picture.


Cut the cheese in the same way, to give the dish more aesthetic appeal.


 Add basil, as much as you like (we usually use a lot of basil in our dishes).


Then add extra virgin olive oil, salt and wine vinegar.


And now it's ready to serve. It's a healthy dish and you can take it at work in your Tupperware or serve it at  dinner.

 
Hope you'll like it.
See you soon

Maria.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts Widget | Webaholic
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
  • Homemade Tapas © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes